Sunday, November 29, 2009

Saturday 11/28/09
by Julie













We had an amazing breakfast at Murphy's at the bottom of Lookout Mountain. (See David's future posting with the menu and food pics.) David declared it the best bacon he's ever eaten. David is quite the "Bacon Connoisseur", so if you dig on swine too, give Murphy's a whirl.

While we were there, a gentleman came over to us and said "Ya'll must be the ones that have that VW... I just had to come over and tell you, I traveled from one side of this country to the other and back again in one of those back in the 70's and 80's." He and David entered an animated discussion of the vehicle, and I tuned out during the engine discussions when something was said about a pancake engine and I was reminded of my breakfast that was going cold.

Everywhere we went we got thumbs ups and double peace signs from folks as we passed by. I couldn't believe how much attention it received. However, coming out of Publix that night I realized looking at the sea of cars (most shiny, dark, and new) in the parking lot just how much the Pumpkin really does stick out...



























David instructed me to stay in the car with the door locked on this photo shoot. The shot below is the view to my right...

























The view of the beautiful Tennessee river from the winding road going up Lookout Mountain.

3 comments: