Friday, November 27, 2009

Clarksville, TN
by Julie



















I (Julie) drove past this sign for years and never noticed it. Then, one year when dragging David with the entire Knott family to see The Grinch ice sculptures at Opryland Hotel, we decided to stop for donuts right next door to this hotel. :) I still did not see it, however, David about fell out of the car, noticing it immediately. It was this sign that started his fascination with Googie architecture, and this sign showed up in one of his paintings. Therefore, I claim it was due to my inspiration...



















David has decided it should be his personal life mission to have this sign put on the national register of historic places... I agree.













I love this photo, because it shows the shadows cast by the neon bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment